Part of Los Osos’ history includes an area now called Sweet Springs Nature Preserve. This two-part natural pond system was once called The Townsite of Sunshine Beach and was founded in 1868. Today, Sweet Springs is a natural park open to the public and located at the south end of the back bay area of Baywood Park.
Above text is from Los Osos, CA Chamber of Commerce website: CLICK HERE.
All photographs shown below were taken by Anthony V. Toscano.